Whatcom County Collaborative Law Attorney
Roy Martin is a collaborative law attorney in Bellingham, Washington.
Mr. Martin seeks to address family law issues in the most efficient manner possible. For this reason, he is committed to alternative dispute resolution techniques such as collaborative law. The idea behind this approach is to reach the highest quality settlement while avoiding the conflict, expense and stress of litigation.
Following are some of the advantages of collaborative law:
- Less Costly Than Litigation
- Less Time Consuming Than Litigation
- Reduces stress on the parties and the children
- Prioritizes the Needs of Children
- Maintains & Restores Good Will
- Encourages creative solutions
- Leads to High Quality Settlements
- Parties Themselves Retain Control
- Maximizes Privacy
Although collaborative law is most often utilized in divorce cases, all family law issues can be addressed in this way when the appropriate conditions are present. To find out more about collaborative law, please review the Collaborative Divorce page of this website, which explains the process itself, as well as this Collaborative Divorce Video, which captures the experience and benefits of working together collaboratively.